The Aureus uses a process called photopolymerisation using resin to create its 3D
waxes. In layman’s terms, this means that it grows the 3D model from a liquid bath
of resin. After the models are created they need to be after-cured using special
lamps which emit intense light radiation to harden them.
The advantages of this machine are:
- The machine can produce all models including those with intricate hollow parts.
- The machine can produce many models at once.
- It has low noise and heat pollution.
- Maintenance costs are generally low because there are few moving parts.
- There is little wastage as unused resin remains in the bath to be reused.
- The models can be filed down.